The Green PropTech Innovator Challenge is an incubation programme targeting talented higher education students and student-founded early-stage startups who are passionate about inventing and applying technology to solve real-life problems.
Co-organised by Y.X Community and The Hong Kong PropTech Association (HKPTA), this challenge will partner with top-notch professionals to offer training and all-round mentorship support. Most importantly, contestants will get a chance to test their Proof of Concept (POC) at the premises of world-class property developers and globally-renowned conglomerates, putting their ideas into real practice.
The Challenge also equips and empowers contestants to solicit funding from potential investors and take their projects to the next level!
THEME: Reducing Carbon Footprint
Applicants are required to submit a proposal (in English) online to outline their PropTech ideas and solutions under one of the below 5 categories namely:
- Carbon Tech
- Smart and Green Building
- Construction Tech
- Waste Reduction
- Other Green Solutions
For details please click below PDF file:
Quick Application (Mar-Apr 2023)
- Applicants who are interested in participating in the Challenge should click the [Join] button on this page for RSVP.
- Eligible applicants should be Y.X Community member and:
- Current higher education students / fresh graduates with no more than 5 years of working experience, OR;
- From student-founded early-stage startups with no more than 5 years of establishment.
- Applicants should form a team of 2-5 people to participate in this Challenge.
- Applicants are required to submit a 5-page proposal (in English) and registration form online. The proposal template and form will be sent out to applicants right after this RSVP.
- During the application period, all applicants are eligible to join the tour of Sino Inno Lab and knowledge-sharing seminar to learn about the industry trend, ESG practice, fundraising strategies for start-ups, innovative proptech solutions and more.
Prizes and Awards
For all eligible applicants:
- Join the tour of Sino Inno Lab and knowledge-sharing seminar.
- Be invited to the press conference cum networking session to connect with well-established start-ups founders, angel investors, top management from real estate / banking / ESG consultancy firms / tech companies / educational institutions and more.
For 10 shortlisted teams:
- Matched with mentors from leading property developers and multi-national conglomerates and receive all-round mentorship support. See above mentor list for details.
- HK$10,000 financial support for each team to finetune their proposal and/or do simple POC testing with their mentors.
For Top 3 teams:
- Cash prize: HK$50,000 | HK$30,000 | HK$20,000
- Video highlights for Top 3 winners.
- Eligible for POC testing at the premises of POC partners. See above POC partner list for details.
- Project presentations to be showcased during prize-giving ceremony cum press conference.
- Opportunity to pitch and connect to a minimum of 3-5 potential investors.
- Potential to secure up to HK$1,000,000 pre-seed funding from angel investors.
- Free entry to inspiring workspace at Y83.